Re: [A/S] advice on my airstream

Hi Steve,

Congratulations - you bought a gem for that money. If you put another $5,000
into it, you can still sell it for a profit.

As for wood rot, big whoopee dee. That's no big deal. In the mind of the
seller, it may have caused a panic attack, but in your mind, erase any panic
attack. You can repair that for less than $500 (considerably less) and
you'll still have an outstanding buy.

Jim Dunmyer is correct about using epoxy and reading the archives on how to
do it. One of the article in the archives was written by me. I used Git Rot.
Other articles are by Jim Smith who uses epoxy which he gets from a specific
place (he tells where). The epoxy is cheaper, but be sure to read and
memorize the conditions under which the repair should be made. They are
critical for a satisfactory outcome.

If you take a month and spend half an hour a day lurking on the VAC list and
another half hour a day tracking down the archives, that will provide a
significant head start on anything you need to fix.

I strongly suggest you consider floor rot as the start of an adventure that
will please you immensely. Plus, after you've fixed it, you'll realize in no
uncertain terms that you can fix almost anything on your Airstream (except
things that need industrial strength equipment).

The reality is you stumbled onto an excellent buy and are facing the kind of
repairs that are well within the capabilities of most owners who carry a
couple of tool boxes in their car or truck.

Terry
mailto:tylerbears@airstream.net