Re: [A/S] Cummins 24 valve diesel questions

>    1) Does it ever get quieter, and if not, can I do anything.

Nope, wear ear plugs or sing louder

>    2) Do the fumes go away, and if not, can I do anything.

I don't have fumes except when it just starts up cold.

>    3) The manual says that the "wait to start" light should come
>        on with the key in the "on" position (engine not started) when
>        the manifold temp is below 66F. This morning (my first one)
>        the outside air temp was 39F and the light did not come on.
>        Do the batteries heat the manifold with the truck off?

I think you need to go over one more notch to get the wait to start
light, and it better not heat the manifold or we're all out of power .

Love mine , a 97 "Darth Vader"

Daisy