[A/S] Roof

Howdy Folks,

I'm back.  It's been a while since I was reading all the postings of
this group.  We stopped recieving when we went on vacation and didn't
re recieve, since we didn't seem to be getting any closer to our
Airdream.
Well, yesterday I signed the offer sheet to buy a 31' Airstream.  A
1974 model in need of a bit of work, so I'll probably be a frequent
poster for a while.  We are so excited.  Should be able to bring it
home today or tomorrow.  Can hardly wait to yank that old soiled
carpeting out and start cleaning.
I have discovered, over the years, that a little at a time, gets huge
jobs done, so I am undaunted at the prospect of polishing it all by
hand.  A couple of square feet a day, and before the summer is gone,
we'll have to put on our sunglasses to look at it.
Most of you have probably been here before, so I'll quit bubbling and
get down to my first important question.  I'll start with the basics.

How do I go about crawling around on the roof to get at the things up
there.  Antenna, air conditioning, vents, etc.?  Can I just step
anywhere?  Stay on the seams?  I mean, what is the framework made of?

Looking forward to any response, with thanks in advance,

Wyomike