[A/S] Dangers of driving cross country . . . alone

Hunter,

I thoroughly enjoy your travel tales . . .

I was wondering - do you ever get anxious or nervous being a single
woman driving across country basically "alone" (I know you have your
two dogs and cat(s) with you).  The reason why I am asking is because
I plan on driving across country (in an AS MH) this summer with my
ten-year-old son by myself (I can't find a friend who can go with me
for a whole month and my husband cannot take off that much time from
work - he will meet up with me on the east coast and drive back) and
I am extremely nervous!  I don't want to give up my dream of doing
this because of my fear . . .

I will, however, be driving with a 160+ pound American mastiff (he
will be 10 months old in July), so I really don't think anyone will
mess with
us, but . . . you never know.

Have you ever encountered any truly scary situations in all your
travels?  Please let me know . . .

Thanks!
Emily

By the way - I have NEVER owned a motorhome or any kind of RV before -
 never even driven one!!!!  I am currently waiting on delivery of my
Airstream motorhome - it will be here within a week!  It is a 1989
370le . . . I do plan on going on some test runs before the big trip.