Re: [A/S] Dangers of driving cross country . . . alone

Hi Emily,

In our experience, safety has never been an issue AND we have stayed in a
wide variety of camping locations. They range from boondocking on lakes and
along the seashore in Mexico, to BLM land in the southwest, to State and
National Forests, to State and National Parks, to private upscale resorts,
to private Mom & Pop campgrounds, to Wal-Mart parking lots, to city parks in
the center of town and a host of other locations.

In my opinion, the key to being safe is paying attention to details and not
appearing vulnerable. Your dog will be a deterrent, particularly if it's
evident to anyone that he's responsive to your voice commands.

Play it out and try a smorgasbord of campgrounds. As you become more
experienced, you'll become more confident and capable. If we can do it (with
our crutches and an electric wheel chair), anyone can. We travel the
continent freely and are having the adventure of a lifetime.

Cheers,

Terry

mailto:tylerbears@airstream.net