Re: [A/S] Towing with 1/2 ton 5.8 liter engine Ford

If your 1/2 ton Ford is post ' 96 it probably has the 5.4L engine like my
truck. I don't think Ford put anything larger in the 1/2 ton models. Anyway,
mine is a 2001 4x4 with the 3.54 rear end and I'm pulling an older Airstream
with it. I feel safe enough even before installing my Hensley hitch but I
would like it better with the 3.73 differential. If I had know I'd be
pulling a trailer when I ordered this truck I would have ordered the 3.73
and maybe even a F-250 and a diesel engine.

Jim Greene
' 68 Tradewind