Re: [A/S] Vintage Airstream Insurance

Steve, I'd pay $10/foot for an appraisal/valuation that my insurance company
would accept for payoff in the unlikely event of a total loss. That's the
service I'm looking for. I agree that the kind of coverage us vintage owners
need is more like the coverage that antique and vintage auto owners obtain.
I think there is a better organized market for vintage autos than there is
for vintage Airstreams. I believe there are local "experts" who could put a
value on my ' 67 Shelby Cobra (don't I wish) but there isn't anyone locally
who could value my  68 Tradewind.

Another question concerns the amount of damage that will result in a
decision to total the trailer. If the insurance company figures it's only
worth $2000 and I get side swiped and wipe out a coupe of aluminum panels,
the insurance company will probably want to total it but I won't.
Consequently a relative minor mishap should result in a big financial loss
if the insurance company under values the trailer for lack of documentation
of real value.

Jim Greene
' 68 Tradewind