Re: [A/S] wheel question

Chris,

It took me a moment thinking about your question to recall, from a dusty
file somewhere in my memory, a mental picture of an old VW wheel.

Now that you have brought back the memory, all rear wheel drive VWs, until
the front wheel drive Rabbit of the '70s, had a very unique wheel design.
VW wheels had a very large bolt pattern, possibly 7" diameter, and an
opening in the wheel that was maybe 5" or 6" in diameter.  The wheel didn't
even come close to the front or rear hubs as I recall.

Good reminder.

Harvey