Re: [A/S] Dodge Ram 7 Pin Connector

Harvey,
  Hoppy makes a number of devices for trailer wiring, including gadgets
to connect a vehicle with amber turn signals to a typical trailer with
combined lights. One of them is an isolator that gets its power feed
from the vehicle battery, so doesn't draw any current from the light
switch, signal flasher, etc. That's the one I use.

It's only rated at 5 amps or thereabouts, so I wouldn't use it for your
purpose. I like the relay because it has zero voltage drop, unlike
solid-state devices, which have at least a couple of tenths normal drop.

                            <<Jim>>