Re: [A/S] 7 way Plug

Jim,

I don't have a shop manual yet.  Up until about a month ago a manual for the
'01 trucks was not offered for sale and I didn't want to pay $100 for a
manual for earlier trucks in case the '01 was different in any way.  I think
the manual has been recently offered but I haven't remembered it except when
I was away from home, telephone, internet, etc.  I need to order one this
weekend.

I hope you are correct and I am misinformed.  The truck should have an
isolation device but I got the idea somewhere that it did not.  Now you've
raised my curiosity.  It would only take a 12 volt dc lamp tester or
multimeter and a couple of minutes to plug in at the seven pin connector and
turn the ignition switch off and on to determine if it is switched or not.
I need to make that check this weekend.

Harvey