Re: [A/S] What Layout Do You Prefer

I had a rear bath '75 Land Yacht 31'.  Bought it used in 1986.
There was lot of room.  Bathtub/shower combination was great for
cleaning up children.  After a few years, the unit developed a
"tail sag".  When I checked on the repair process, I found out
that it had already been done once before.

Seems that the problem comes from "freeway hop" with substantial
load in the holding tanks, combined with basic construction of the
A/S on a 4" channel iron frame.  I understand that later models
have been built on 6" channel iron, and the holding tanks are
moved forward, closer to the axles, which reduces the bending
moment on the frame.  I don't know what year these changes were
made, but your inspection of the unit would surely disclose the
differences in design.  Determining IF a particular unit has "tail
sag" requires more of a professional approach (know how, tools,
experience).

What is the problem with "tail sag"?  Our experience was that
interior doors and cabinets in the rear were hard to open and
close, due to "binding".  Please inspect carefully before you buy
so that you know what to expect.

Regards,
Jim
'97 Safari 25'