RE: [A/S] New Member - New Owner - 1968 A/S Overlander

Thanks for the reply; at least your message wasn't doom and gloom like
some of the others. In general, the floor is in great shape. There is
only 2 places where it is really a problem, which is right where you
said at the entry door and right beside the old hot water heater. The
worst damage being at the entry door. Once we have time to get some of
the other stuff out of the trailer we will be able to better assess the
damage. Fortunately, we have very little money invested so far, and we
have right many of the items we needed already. We have a suitable small
refrigerator, a friend will be supplying us with all the upholstery
fabric we need. He gets all kinds of fabric all the time at public
auctions for little to nothing. Quite a few nice styles we like too. I
have some great cabinets I picked up at public auction not to long ago
that could easily be fitted for use. A few people I know have useful
skills that I may barter with and do computer work for them in exchange
for help me with certain repairs.

First thing I think I am going to do is clear out the rest of the junk
and check for leaks. It has rained here some the last day or two, and
everything seems dry. Will hook up the garden hose on the next warm day
we have.

Oh, by the way, how good is that Git Rot stuff? If the wood is there and
is just soft, do you think that might be enough in non traffic areas?

We know this is a long term project, but we just were not in a position
to just go out and buy something new. We have seen trailers around here
in MUCH WORSE condition. The price was right on this one, and we knew we
had some of the stuff we needed, and knew people we could barter with to
get some of the other stuff.