Re: [A/S] solar panels

Jim / Terry -

Thanks for your replies. You confirm my suspicions about receiving only
marginal benefit from solar panels in the NW, probably November thru
April. I like the idea of asking others to "BYO battery" as an
alternative to buying and using a genset. I'd like to avoid the weight,
bulk, and especially the noise when out of town.

I have recently swapped out the original Univolt, and do have an
IntelliPower converter and charge wizard in operation. I have a pair of
Trojan T-105 batteries (any suggestions on a location for these big
fellas?) and a back up deep cycle RV battery. Maybe the first 3-4 day
trip should see how much camping time this equals - our use of
electricity would not be considered "conservative," but we enjoy it.
This annual camping experience has improved yearly, and has become an
event to be anticipated: fine fishing in one of the USA's most scenic
places, exceptional food surpassing many Portland restaurants, and a
wine list  from Above.  We don't suffer much . . . .

Mark