Re: [A/S] Re: Airstream

Leon,
The A/S factory build of a spare tire carrier places a
recessed area just under the front of the trailer.
Probably in the same area as yours. Its boxed in with
aluminum on the top and sides.  The carrier is mounted
within this boxed area and the carrier frame holds the
tire.  The carrier assembly does protrude lower than
the underbelly skin.  I originally posted some
pictures of this assembly on my Safari but have pulled
them a few months ago.  If you are interested I'll
post them again.  It was a $350 option on a new
trailer which at first set me aghast.  It was nicely
done however and I'm very happy I had it built in at
the factory than having it done as a dealer add on.

Jack