Re: [A/S] Re: Airstream

Hunter,

I and others complained about the support jacks on the
Safari line of trailers.  The older units had only two
(rear) and the 2001 units had 4 but they were the same
type as those used on pop up campers.  Stability was
minimal and when you walked in the trailer someone
sitting down really noticed.  Some of us paid to have
these jacks removed and have stabilizers installed
that are equivalent to those used in the Classic line
trailers.

For 2002 A/S changed to the Classic line stabilizers
in most of the Safari's (I'm not sure if they did this
for the Bambi).

I also noted to A/S that the Safari line needs a
double step.  I carry a platform as my bottom step as
many other Safari owners do.  This one will take a
redesign since the space under the door of the Safari
will not accept the double step used on the Classic
line trailers.

Since the Safari line is supposed to be lighter weight
I'm sure that A/S is trying to be careful after all it
all adds up in the end run.  There is a reason the
Safari is now their best selling line and I know they
don't want to turn the Safari into a Classic line
trailer.

I also had the factory add two Fantastic Fans, a power
hitch jack, and spare tire (this was a special build
and was not in the official factory option list for
the Safari).  I noticed that the new 2002 Safari LS
includes a Fantastic fan and power hitch, and the
spare tire is now an "official option".  I'm sure many
others requested these add on's so A/S has made the
adjustment to add these features.

Jack