Re: [A/S] Pressure Treated Wood

Daisy,
  Like much of the stuff we use every day, it makes a big difference in
HOW you use or come in contact with it. Asbestos is well-known to cause
lung cancer in folks who work with it in a 'loose' form. Worst affected
were shipyard workers who built boats during WWII. However, asbestos is
quite benign once it's 'captured' in a product; it's highly unlikely
that walking on asbestos tiles or working in a building with
asbestos-insulated pipes will harm you.

Same with PT wood. I'd use precautions while sawing it, but wouldn't
worry about it after it's installed in a trailer. It probably IS a good
idea to not use it around a vegetable garden, but is of little concern
in a backyard deck.

If any vapors are emitted, they would also be negligable after a few
weeks. That's "if".

                                <<Jim>>