Re: [A/S] Re: Refinishing Wood Cabinets Inside.

Lowes or Home Depot both sell Watco, as I recall.  My son just bought a can
in CA, but not sure which store he used.  We bought four quart cans at Lowes
about a year ago.  It is available in a number of different colors.  If Watco
is the finish you think you have, you could get a can and, after cleaning the
existing surface of dirt and grease, apply some new Watco and see how you
like the results.  If it is Watco and you like the color, you should not have
to strip, but you will have to clean the surface.

My wife used Watco for a number of years to refinish antiques.  It is a
wonderful finish.  If the surface becomes damages or needs a touch-up, she
just applys more Watco.  We used it on a new oak staircase in our home.  The
first three stair treads were exposed oak and she finished them with Watco.
It looked nice and wore well.

Sam
WBCCI 12557