Re: [A/S] Re: Refinishing Wood Cabinets Inside.

Hi Daisy
                     You descuss oil finish and it seams life eavery one is
In love with tung oil I once made a mistake ind at the custimers request
finished the inside of his boat with tung oil I often wonder if it eaver quit
stinking. I caught all kinds of hell over that But it was his request after
all the experts who know it all and we craftsman are a bunch of dummys.
If I am going to use an oil finish I use a mixture of urithean varnish boiled
linseed oil And turpintine. starying off with 2 parts varnish 1-11/2 parts
linseed oil and enough terptine to make it work eaisly.
I aply the 1st couple of coats with 400-600 wet or dry sandpaper on flat
serfaces or 4o steel wool on other aeras I scrub down the aeras in a circlear
motion and the sleery created tends to acr as a filler for the pores. I wipe
the serplus off across grain   so as not to remove the filler in the
pores.Wipe dry and repat the process daily until you are satisfyed with the
results.
I finished my kitchen cabnets and the teak pannling in my old house in this
manner. when the cabnets and wood work started to look scruffy I simply mixed
up a batcd of finish and scrubed down the cabnets with it and used 4o steel
wool and the results looked like new.
ALWAYS TAXCE THE WIPINF CLOTHS OUT AND LAY THEM OUT TO DRY AS SPONTANIOUS
COMBUSTION CAN OCCUR>
Having said all of this I finished the interior of (The Silver Abaltross0
with epoxy and polyutheran varnish. I wanted to try a new techneque.
Jim Smith