Re: [A/S] Hitch receiver Failures

Hello All,
I will pass along something that happened to my Reese a few years ago.
I was sitting at a traffic light in a line of cars when a Chevy
Suburban-sized vehicle rammed a small car into the rear of my truck. This
SUV was going at around 50 MPH when it hit and it drove that car behind
me into a space less than 1/2 its original size.
My hitch had wound up were the radio used to be in that car knocking the
engine out of the way.
I could not believe it when I ran to the little car and saw everyone get
out okay.
There were no injuries.
My hitch was inspected by both myself and a good body shop nearby and
found to have suffered no damage. The Chevy truck (1984) that I was in
had zero damage. I was the only one of the four cars involved that did
not have to have any repairs to speak of. Just after that I towed my
Airstream across the country twice with no ill effects.
I do not know what type of Resse this is that I have but it looks like a
pretty common one. It is rated to tow ten thousand pounds with the WD
bars.
Mike Kent