Re: [A/S] Thermostat's

Thanks for the update Jack,
I will follow this closely and go to a Kmart nearby to see what I can
find. I use an electric blanket and turn my thermostat all the way off
when it is not too cold out. The lowest setting on mine is 50 degrees and
that causes the heater to just about run all the time when it hits 25 or
so out. I would like to set mine at around 40 to protect the pipes.
The most I can do in mine is about a 25 degree difference with the
outside air and that is with the largest Suburban heater made. These
Airstreams were not made for real cold weather or at least my 1972 was
not.
I laugh at the pictures in the owners manual showing one going through
snow drifts in Alaska. I know I could do it but I could forget running
water.
Mike Kent