[A/S] Re: Refrigerator replacement

Bob,

There were many good replies which indicate you should be set for
your purposes.

I'm a little surprised how many people use electric exclusively for
refrigeration. It is always interesting to understand the different
approaches people have to using their Airstreams. We often weekend at
a park where there is power hookups, but we like to camp for several
nights in the National Parks without power. Many times for us a 110
only refrigerator would only take up space. When in transit, we
sometimes do not bother to unhook or plug in (unless we want to run
the Air).  I use the gas in my vintage ('69)trailer from start to end
on every trip.

The motorhome has a newer 3 way fridge that selects the power
source "auto-magically". It uses 110 when available, 12 volts from
the alternator if available when there is no 110, then finally gas
when not plugged in, not running the generator, and the engine is
off. I actually prefer how the simplicity in how older unit in the
trailer works. No circuit board to fry and replace.  It needs no
electricity to run and makes no demands (however tiny) on the
battery.  I do dread the thought of replacing an RV fridge, as you
and other's point out, they are PRICEY!

Jim