[A/S] Re: Adjusting Tekonsha Prodigy Brake Controler

Oddly enough, I just purchased and installed my Prodigy today.

I assume when you write "get the truck and trailer up to a speed of
25 miles/hour and step hard on the brakes" you're not stepping on the
brake pedal, correct?  If I read the instructions correctly you're
supposed to actuate the manual lever during the adjustment phase.

[Just ran out to the truck to retrieve the instructions]

I'll post the adjustment instructions for the benefit of all who have
misplaced their manual :)

1.  Connect trailer to tow vehicle.
2.  With engine running hold manual full left and set Power Knob to
indicate 6 volts.
3.  Drive tow vehicle and trailer on a dry level **paved** surface at
25 mpg and apply **manual knob**.
If trailer brakes lock up:  Turn power down using power knob.
If braking was not sufficient:  Turn power up using power knob.
4.  Repeat Step 3 until power has been set to a point just below
wheel lock up or at a sufficient force as to achieve maximum braking
power.
5.  Using the brake pedal, make a few low speed stops to check the
power setting.  Trailer braking is initiated and terminated via the
stoplight switch.  When the brake pedal is released, trailer braking
will cease.

I added a couple of ** to emphasize some of the key points.

Hope this helps, I'll be testing it on a horse trailer and the '65
Safari tomorrow.

Regards,

Jason