[A/S] Re: Running gear balance & Quality Questions

Jim, I think you are correct about the quality in some ways. I do
believe that the outer shell of aluminum is what saves the units and
do give them a longer service life. The quality of AS is better than
most but could be better. The attachment of interior cabinetry is not
the best. I am not a boat builder but have restored several
sailboats, O Day 25 and a Hooks Marine Custom 34', which I still
own.  Doing a boat compared to a trailer is a different world. How
you attach the interior of a boat may have a direct relationship on
whether you come back from an afternoon sail. If I put the Airstream
back together like I did my boat you could roll it over and keep
going. Installing a bulkhead properly is a far cry from using a few
pop rivets to attach a piece of 1/8 th inch plywood to aluminum
channel. I have to think more along the line of aircraft construction
to work on the AS. I saw the pictures of the interior of you trailer
and your joinery skills are excellent.

Jim N5TJZ S/V Wandering Spirit