Re: [A/S] Joys F250 SD Diesel Oil Filter and . . .

     We have ad valoram taxes here in Georgia, but without the
exemptions listed for Texas.  Here, the tax applies to automobiles,
trucks, motor homes, trailers...just about everything.  It's really
an expense - your taxes are calculated exactly as your real-estate
tax.  Costs a bundle - my ad valoram taxes last year on vehicles
amounted to $535.
     Some of our members keep their trailer at Top O'Georgia and
register them in White county, whose taxes are much lower.  I keep
mine there, but register it here in DeKalb county, where taxes are
higher.  Why?  Because, if DeKalb county commissioner discovers you
have a trailer registered in White county, and you don't own property
in White, they'll revoke your homestead exemption; I have a home
here, and won't take that chance for what amounts to a very few
dollars.  White county, in the meanwhile, has awakened to the large
number of trailers at ToG and other trailer sites there, and are
checking on registrations.  You either must have a valid registration
with GA DMV, or display a receipt showing that the Ad Valoram taxes
have been paid somewhere.
     Life gets complicated...

- Dick
(5368)