[A/S] Need to remove "Chicking."

Hello list. Hope you are all having a great holiday season.

I have a 1955 Caravanner that has an exterior problem. The previous owner
took a sealant to the outside of the trailer, wiping it along every seam,
between every panel, to stop leaking. I don't see any evidence that it did
leak, but that's another story.

The problem I need advice on is this: When the previous owner applied this
sealant, what he called "chinking," along the seams, he did a very sloppy
job. There is a 3" area on either side of all seams where this "chinking"
has been left. So what I have is a bunch of 6" stripes all over the exterior
of my trailer.

Now this "chinking" is a darker material and is rough to the touch. It is a
dark grey and almost looks like LED. Very strange stuff. It doesn't come off
too easy either.

So the question is this: What can I use to remove this nasty stuff from my
trailer FAST and EFFECTIVELY. If I sat there with a razor blade it would
take me a year. I'm hoping one of you out there can give me some insight.

Any response it very much appreciated.

Thank you,

Dan Burke