Re: [A/S] New Hensley Hitch

Don,

I'm in the process of installing the Hensley on my '69 Safari.  I had a
couple of problems that Hensley corrected, if they could.  I have a "C"
style coupler that is stated to require the "undermount" bracket.  With the
4" "A" frame, I found that the "standard" bracket is appropriate for all
coupler variations.

Next, it's required that there be 25-1/2 inches +/- 1/2 inch from the
"center of the ball" to the leading edge of the bracket.  I had to cut the
propane tank brackets off the "A" frame to gain the proper clearance.

So, there are two things you can check on before your hitch arrives.  The
"Orange" receiver box weighs about 99 pounds.  I had to use a hydraulic jack
to lift it into position so I could lock the coupler on the ball.  I work
alone, so I have to make do. :)

Hope this helps prevent some disappointment.

                                               '69 Safari, Joy