Re: [A/S] novice

Jim,
Since I'm also a new owner I'm learning also, but here
are my thoughts.  Personally I don't consider an A/S
requiring any more maintenance than any travel
trailer.  I would state that because of its
appearance, I'm going to probably work harder on
keeping the unit washed and coated at least twice a
year with Walbernize.  Hopefully that will extend the
life of the clear coat.  The ultimate benefit would be
keeping the unit out of the sun when its in storage.

Most of the maintenance cost is your elbow grease.
Obviously you may not want to get into repacking wheel
bearings, like me, so there will be some labor cost
for that.

Cost wise based on my deal, and what others have told
me, you should expect at least 18% off list for the
Safari line.  Now that is subject to dealer, time of
year, how long the unit is on the lot etc. Other
sources I have heard say 25% is the standard
negotiating point.  I tried to start there.  I was
told by my dealer that the Classic line A/S has a
higher markup so there is more room to negotiate.  I
have conversed with one person who bought a year old
new 25C Safari from a dealer for about 25K.

Are you considering having a custom interior
constructed or are you considering modifications of
the standard A/S interior?  I know A/S can make
modifications if you are willing to pay.  How much
modification I'm not sure.

Welcome to the list.

Regards,

Jack