[A/S] Univolt

Hi

I need help. Now that I got my Airstream I have a few questions on the
Univolt. After hooking the trailer up and towing with success a long
distance, I noticed at night that my headlights would flicker on and off. I
also heard a click sound both from under my hood and at the Univolt. When I
looked under the hood, where the wire I put in went to the 20amp breaker for
the Trailer brakes went, the breaker itself would spark and click and the
lights would dim. I disconected the wire and it no longer clicked, however
the Univolt still would click. The onlyway it stops clicking is if I unplug
the trailer from the van. Could there be a short in the Univolt that feed
back thru the tow vehicle? Never had a problem like this before in my other
trailer. Also after driving for 1200 miles the battery, new, hardly recharges
at all. One last thing, on the dc fuse panel there seemed to be a short. If
the lights all went out he jiggled it and they came on. I tried to do it and
it didn't. I did discover though that on the AC breaker panel the light
breaker had triped.I am seriously just thinking of replacing the univolt. Any
suggestions?
Jon