Re: [A/S] Mexico

If this is going to be your first trip into Mexico why don't you sign up
for an Airstream Co caravan....they know all the ins and outs of
traveling down below the border....beside you make some
great friends...I am going to Alaska on Wednesday with a gal I met on a
Mexican caravan in 1980 we have always kept contact and both our
husbands died years ago.
You have to get a int'l health cert for your dog from your vet and take
it to a Mexican consulate for permit.     remember your car insurance is
not valid in Mexico so have to get special
insurance,   If you are not US citizens you have to have special permit
(like if you are Canadians)    Go prepared to enjoy Mexico and all their
customs ....the people are very friendly especially
20 miles south of the border.     Whole families lover to shake your
hand right down to the smallest child.     Ignore children who run along
side of your car asking for peso's but take along some
school supplies and  hand them out to children...when you are in a
campground....they all have hard candy so if you want take something
different like red licorice,   If you have some fairly
current magazine take them and donate at schools ...it helps them
reading english.   Don't expect to be same as USA it is a foreign
country.    We ate everywhere except from street vendors....fruit
is fantastic there just remember to wash the outsides before
peeling......So to the AAA for a tour book which will give you lots of
info.   Have a great trip Pearl in SoCal