[A/S] Traveling with cats

We recently got our first Airstream a 1983 31 ft Excella.  Live in
Florida.  We plan to use it to camp over long weekends, as both wife
and I have to run businesses.

We have 2 female cats, one year old, and "fixed".  In the prior 20
years we had a pop up camper, and we never travelled with pets.
Friends and family can look after our cats, so that is not a problem.

However, now that we have a much bigger unit, we plan to try and see
if we can travel with them.   We know there will be some problems,
like Disney's Ft. Wilderness will make you check any pet but a dog in
their kennel, so that when we go in December, we will leave the cats
behind.

Cats are also finnicky about traveling in a "moving earthquake" and
loudly complain when I take them to the vet in their pet carriers.  I
was thinking about taking a much larger cage which will fit in the
back of our Mountaineer and allow them to actually see out, and have
their food, water and litter handy.

Anyone have any experience traveling with cats?  Any comments will be
appreciated.

Manuel Ferro
WBCCI
00 Mountaineer V8  Hensley Arrow 83 Excella 31