RE: [A/S] Mexico

Hi Lew -

I've used the Traveler's Guide to Mexican Camping by Mike and Terri Church;
there is a new edition coming out in September so I'd wait to order it. It's
available at Amazon, etc., or from the publisher at
http://www.rollinghomes.com. I also like Carl Franz's The People's Guide to
Mexico. Good stuff on almost anything you ever wanted to know, and a pretty
fun read. If you're a member, AAA is invaluable for maps and their Mexico
Travel Book is worth taking along.

I travel by myself with the Bambi and have never had any problems with
authorities or residents. I would avoid certain parts of Sinaloa (because of
drug traffic) and most of Chiapas (because of the guerrillas). I also would
NEVER drive in Mexico City.

It's easy to take a dog in - you need a to have your vet fill out an
International Health Certificate. I always get them - I've never been asked
for one. The cheapest place I've found for car insurance (and definitely get
it) is http://www.mexicanautoinsurance.com/. Gas is plentiful now on all the
main highways, there are supermarkets in big cities and many smaller towns,
WalMarts in places you least expect them, the people are great, the food is
wonderful, etc., etc., etc. Exchanging money is a piece of cake now that you
can find ATM machines at almost all the banks.

Go for it.

Happy Trails - Sherry
'63 Bambi, WBCCI 1104, VAC, WDCU, TCT