[A/S] Battery Chargers

Advice needed... Ok, I've finally determined that my 30 year
old Univolt System, although humming, is not charging my battery. At
this point, I would just like to replace it with a new system that I
don't have to worry about. I have been corresponding with an Airstream
owner in California that is simply using a marine battery charging
system, and is even using two batteries with an isolator. My question
is...

What has anyone used to replace their Univolt system?
What kind of cost is involved? I've seen units in the Camping World
catalog for a few hundred dollars. Some of the marine chargers are
only $60-90. Am I missing something?

It is my novice understanding that when plugged in to shore power with
my univolt, it should be charging my battery and putting out a solid
12V, as well as sending 120V to the main outlets and non 12V
appliances. Correct?

As always, the information posted here is as the Master Card
commercial says.... PRICELESS! I'll look forward to all of your
inputs.

If you'd like to check out my trailer, click on the following link...

http://www.2youtoo.com/airstream.htm

Thanks!

Barry
1972 27' Overlander