Re: [A/S] Surge/Low Voltage Protection

I'm not an E.E. but I'd be surprised if there is a need for one on the
12VDC distribution in the trailer.  Any transients occuring outside the
trailer would have to get throught the Uni-Volt (or whatever they're
called) and then past the batteries.  I would imagine that the
rectification process would flatten any spikes from the outside world.
And even if something got through, the batteries would be a low
resistance place to shunt the energy.  The voltage monitoring is another
issue.  It would be handy to know what the voltage is, but I wouldn't be
concerned with low voltage hurting any electronics.  They pretty much
just quit until the voltage comes back up.  The one exception might be
the 12VDC funace motor.  I don't know how DC motors react to low
voltage.  Personally I'd put the $250 in the bank against future
failures or buy gas with it.  :)

As they say its my opinion and worth every penny you paid for it.