[A/S] A/S 2000/2001 Dometic Refrigerator Problems

Hi all!  I dropped the Safari off at the Dealer today
to take care of a few warranty items.  One being the
air conditioner which I wrote about a few days ago.

Another problem is the inability to keep the gas
burner lit on the refrigerator when traveling.  FYI I
was told by the service person that apparently the
2000 and 2001 A/S with Dometic refrigerators have been
showing problems staying lit.  He noted that the
dealership has gotten many calls about this problem
over the past weeks from new owners.

Dometic apparently has acknowledged that there is a
problem but has not been able to find the cause at
this point.  Their guess at this point is airflow
coming down the stack from the roof.  They have
instructed that a baffle be constructed up by the roof
vent.  Airstream has disagreed with that diagnosis and
has instructed the dealer's to deal with a possible
airflow coming from the vent door, with the fix being
a sheet metal baffle in the vent door area.

If you have a newer A/S and are having this problem,
you might be aware of this issue.  Apparently I'm the
first one to bring a trailer into my dealer's service
with the problem so I guess they will use me as the
test bed.

Jack