Re: [A/S] Water system Question 1965 Overlander

Chuck
I have a '66 Overlander International with a loop of smaller diameter pipe
also.
Mine is for the purpose of filling the 30 gallon water tank when connected
to city water.
     My '66 A/S owners manual states" Your system has check valves in the
water lines to protect the water tank and, therefore will not fill while you
are connected to city water, unless the crossover filler valve is opened.
This crossover filler valve is located adjacent to the water pump underneath
the front lounge on the left side of the trailer. It should always be kept
in the "Off" position unless the water tank is being filled from the city
water source. To fill the water tank when the trailer is connected to city
water. merely turn this crossover valve to the "On" position and remove the
filler cap from the water tank."
     I didn't remove the cap or one of the vent plugs and had my water tank
imitating a balloon, fortunately with out negative consequence.
    I know nothing of '65 Overlander's water systems. This may or may not
apply to your Overlander.

Will Schock  26' Overlander International Land Yacht