Re: [A/S] Generators

george - I use the rv's main propane system to supply the genset.
the data i have for the MicroLite 4000 is as follows:
3600watts at 3600rpm/30amps
3.1 lbs/hr propane consumption at full load, 1.5 lbs/hr at no load.
noise level at 10' 70 dB(A)  - this is about the level of normal
conversation. Normal installation usually reduces this further.

the Emerald 4000 (the one i have in the rv) doesn't show the data for the
lpg version, but i can guesstimate that it puts out about:
3800watts at 1800rpm/33amps (notice lower rpm and higher amperage).
3.5 lbs/hr propane consumption at full load.
noise level at 10' 77 dB(A)  - this is a little louder than the level of
normal conversation. Normal installation usually reduces this further.

The MicroLite works a little harder (twice the rpms) yet is a little
quieter. The Emerald Plus i have in the RV is really nice, and nearly
inaudible in the not-very-soundproofed box it's in. It is well within the
'after dark' limits for operation in most campgrounds i've been to...

I think Jim's approach, using a diesel genset with a diesel puller is
brilliant. I happen to prefer cooking with a gas range, and prefer gas-fired
flash hot-water heaters. i'm not crazy about propane heaters, or other
propane fired appliances, and would rather use the 120volt stuff...