Re: [A/S] Generators

I've been particularly interested in this thread and I guess I'm swimming
upstream.  The 25' Sovereign I recently bought came with a small, next to new
Honda generator which just last weekend I removed.  I can confirm that the
Honda sure run smooth and always starts on the first pull - even after it sat
for several months.  Much quieter than many others, too.  The previous owner
said he used it occasionally when he'd stop at rest areas to make a pot of
coffee or whatever.  Sounded a bit odd to me.  Anyway, after very limited
experience I decided I am not likely to use it and wanted the 90 pounds or so
off the back bumper.  I may regret that decision.  Yes, the previous owner
had an extra support framework built and bolted to the back bumper (back
bumper support arms actually).  The support framework is quite nice.  I don't
have the trailer at home right now so I can't post any pictures but if
anyone's interested I could probably snap a few shots this weekend and post
them.  I'm planning to leave the support frame on for now.  Helps protect the
rear of the trailer and may come in handy down the road sometime.

He had rigged up a remote kill switch that went from the generator and up
inside into the back corner next to the bed.  If he got tired of listening to
the sound of the generator at night he said he could hit the kill switch and
turn it off without leaving his bed.

Gary Zook
Lincoln, NE