Re: [A/S] Re: RV insurance

I'm an adjuster in the insurance business and insured my 74 with the
company I work for. I am also an Ontario resident, so take that into
account. They added my A/S to my residential policy with an
RV package that sounds very like the others noted here, even the RV
speciality insurer's. My Condo policy liability was extended to cover my
liability while the trailer is not attached to the towing
vehicle. While it is attached, the liability coverage on the towing
vehicle extends to cover. So if you turn too short and wipe out the side
of the district president's new A/S, you're covered by the
tow vehicle coverage, but if he falls down the steps of the trailer
while exiting and you're not attached, the Condo liability coverage
applies.
Price was about the same $156.00 per year based on a monthly payment
plan. (slightly higher)
The value of the trailer is replacement cost for the forst 9 years and
then is Actual Cash Value or what a simular unit would sell for on a
cash deal basis without a trade.
The thing I'm concerned about, and so should everyone be, is how I'll be
treated should I have a clam. -----they don't let me adjust my own
claim.
I also carry CAA, which is the counterpart to AAA. I've used that a
number of times for breakdowns and lockouts. It also has a deal with
Sunoco whereby if I fuel up at Sunoco, I get credit against my
CAA premium. Last year I saved $4.00......but I couldn't find a Sunoco
every time.Drat.
CAA has an RV package which overlaps my insurance coverage to some
degree, but gives you trip ticks and a set up for rescue through AAA in
the US of A.