Re: [A/S] Still drowning in title soup....

Hi Roscoe's Mom,

About 20 or so years ago, a man in Houston owed me money for a long
time and called one day and said he would settle up with me for a 55
Thunderbird which had been setting in an oil field tool warehouse in
California. I said "yeah" and immediately wrote it off.   A month or
so later an 18 wheeler showed up at my place and rolled that T-bird
down out of the truck.  No one would talk to me about that car. No
title, no bill of sale ,  no nothin.

I got a lawyer, told him the story and notarized it and in about 8
weeks I had a fresh new title to that car. All legal and according
to the laws of Texas. It cost me $150 at the time, as I remember.
Probably would be more now.

Quit worrying about it and get the proper help. If the state you are
in doesn't have provisions for handling such problem, get yourself a
Texas Bubba lawyer and let him get you a Texas title, then you can
transfer it to the state you live in.

For whatever it is worth to old car aficionados, I looked for a
Bambi to take a picture with it being towed by the T-bird. Didn't
find one. Sold the T-bird about 10 years later.

That's another story. But do notice Hounter, it came to be OT. :)

Good luck, Roscoe's Mom.

Steele