[A/S] Still drowning in title soup....

Hi everyone.   I'm still fighting this title business, with no luck so far.
Need a notarized bill of sale from the Notary in Houston that stamped the
title and am having NO luck with that.   Original owner seems to have
evaporated sometime before the flooding started.   My question is
this....I'm almost to the point where I am considering parting the darned
thing out, as I don't want anyone else to be in the same predicament that I
am in with a trailer with no title.   Is that a reasonable idea?  Are there
places that refurbish them that might what the whole thing?   I've found a
couple of other ones that I am considering buying, as I've recently been
dealing with the loss of my dad, and all of this other headache  is more
than I can take at the moment, and I truly need a vacation at this point.
Everyone here tells me to just haul the d*amned thing down the road with the
expired Texas tags, but just to be sure to have my "proof of effort" with
me.   I'm afraid to do so as I am the poster child for Murphy's Law and
would surely get into some sort of trouble.   We have a trip planned in
August and this is just getting uncomfortably close to travel time for me.
Any and all thoughts will be greatly appreciated.
Kellie