Re: [A/S] Re: A different hitch option

The Hensley, and the Pullrite do not work on the common friction
principle. The Hensley and the Pullrite use mechanical advantage, in
different ways, to prevent the beginning of a sway condition.
Most of the others use some method to resist the amplification of sway,
but will allow the beginnings of it, stopping it by friction or cam
pressure. The Eqaul-i-zer, as I understand it, goes a step
further in that it controls the two principle flex points were sway can
begin, the spring bar chains and the spring bar to head connection.
Equal-i-zer's L bracket holds the spring bar rigid,
allowing only fore and aft movement. The spring bar to head connection
is under specified compression to restrict horizontal movement. It still
comes down to what allows the driver to be comfortable
and thus safe while towing. And in this the Equal-i-zer is equal to the
task.
I have towed during the past 30 years with Eaz-Lift, Bock, Reese w/Dual
Cam and Hensley hitches. The difference is readily apparent. I am
comfortable using the Equal-i-zer.

Charlie