Re: [A/S] Canadian Customs

I lived in Detroit for four years and frequently crossed at both
Detroit/Windsor, Ont. and Port Huron/Sarnia, Ont.  You get 52% on your money
for just crossing the bridge, the food in Ontario is great, and girlfriend
and I used to go over a lot for the evening.  Routinely, Canadian Customs
asked:  "Place of birth, reason for travelling to Canada, and how long are
you staying?"  My standard response was:  "Borger, Texas,  to eat dinner at
Spago's Italian restaurant...walk by the water...and kiss this pretty lady,
with luck.  Back by midnight."   They always smiled and waved me on.  NOW, on
the return trip into Detroit, there is one JERK of an American Customs
Official, who is NASTY in extremis, won't even look at you, and gives you the
impression that he is about 5% this side of going postal on somebody.  I have
complained to the Government about him, but to no avail.  So, the problem
cuts both ways.
     Ed Thompson