RE: [A/S] Canadian Customs

Harvey and others,

Sorry to hear of your unpleasant experiences with Canadian customs. I do
believe such experiences are the exception, not the rule at the Canadian
border. Living in the Detroit area, I travel to and from Canada frequently.
Almost without exception, we have been treated fairly and with respect by
Canadian customs officials. The same is generally true of the US customs
officials on return.  We have found while traveling with or without our
trailer that the biggest inconvenience is waiting 10 to 20 minutes in line
to be asked a few basic questions before being waived on. Of course, one
must keep in mind it is an international border crossing and you are really
at the mercy of the customs official. We always remind the kids to refrain
from smart mouth remarks, etc.  I don't own nor carry firearms of any sort,
so always honestly answers the question regarding firearms by saying no.
Perhaps any other answer trigger a different response.

Jim