[A/S] Need legal help for title

Hi-  I bought a '68 from a lady in Houston TX last October.    Due to family
issues and just plain not having time to deal with the DMV I haven't been
able to get in for title transfer until now.    They tell me that the signed
title with her name on it is not enough, as her deceased husband's name is
on the title as well, and that I need an affidavit of succession and a bill
of sale.  I have been unable to contact her either by mail or by phone and
really need to get this settled.    I do have cancelled checks from the
purchase.   Can anyone please advise me as to what to do next?
Kellie