Re: [A/S] The day is getting closer

<<   1)  I've seen reference to a breakaway switch which I know nothing
about.
  I understand it automatically engages the trailer brakes when the line gets
 pulled as a result of the trailer becoming disconnected.  Is this just a
 mechanical "clip a wire to the hitch" kind of thing or is there more to it?
 Do I need a switch or something installed on the truck?  >>

It's attached to the trailer.  You just attach it to the truck when you hook
up.

  <<   2)  I'm about to order the Jordan Ultima 2020 and assume it's a simple
 do-it-yourself installation.  The new F250 I bought has a trailer tow
package
 so it has a nice  5 wire pigtail that plugs in under the dash.  Will this be
 a relatively simple hookup?  >>

You will need the brake controller in the dash and the plug installed in the
back of the truck under the bumper.  A UHaul can install it for you. 7 pin I
believe.  That's what you plug the trailer into to get power to the lights,
brakes, charge the batteries etc....

    << 3)  I have a hitch installed but will need to buy the drawbar and
ball.  >>

I think you mean you have the receiver ...the big thing under the truck with
the square hole. The UHaul guy will advise you when you buy the plug. They
sell the hitch bars and balls.

<<     4)  The trailer has a weight distributing system.  Is there a special
 drawbar with the small balls or is that a piece I attach to a standard
 drawbar?  >>

You attach the trailer over the ball... then you have to attach the weight
distributing arms..... the guy who you bought it from should show you how all
that works.

   <  5)  I'm looking to install an immobilizer (anti-theft) system on the
new
 truck.  Anyone  have any experience going down this road?  >

Sorry.

I hope you'll save some time to get together while you are in Knoxville. (c:
I would love to see the trailer and meet you.

Hunter