Re: [A/S] Re: Chevy Transmissions for Towing -Continuing the Discussion

Hi All,

The local transmission shop wants the dregs in the transmission pan to
determine what defects are developing in the transmission?  I took my
LeSabre to him to work on the transmission and he was a bit miffed.  Also, I
was informed that the pan holds only a small amount of the transmission oil.
Like many times 6 quarts?   Much of the oil is retained in the torque
converter when the oil is changed?  Don't know if all this is true, but
that's what I was told.  Sort of "I don't know, but I've been told."  Seems
that if  you want cheap, do it yourself.  If you want protection, have a
respected pro work on it for you.

                                                '69 Safari, Joy