Re: [A/S] purchase of 34' excella 1988 walk thru bath

Ray,

We never had a MH, to tout a 34':

We moved up to a (93)34' from a (73)31'.  We have a HD Chevy Suburban ('98
454/4:10) so we didn't have to change tow vehicles....the trailer tows good.
The length of the 31' is actually 4' shorter than the 34' which is 35'2"
bumper to ball.

We like the extra length because we have a galley lounge.  It works great
for quick meals on the road.  Our front lounge is also very nice and gives
us about the same space that we had in the 31', but with more glass area.

I notice the extra length when backing and I choose the gas stations more
closely than before.  I had no issues with the 31' in any campground, but I
am more aware with this one.  It backs up like a dream just like the other
one.

On storage:  We have more places to put things in the 34', but they aren't
in easily accessible areas.  Our kitchen cabinets are many, but we had more
places in the 31' to store kitchen stuff.  We use the bottom of the pullout
couch for Tupperware, some pots and pans and other kitchen things.  A pantry
slide is awesome, but it doesn't take the place of the shelf space in the
31'.  There is more clothing storage in the 34' and there is plenty of space
under the queen bed.  I especially like the storage up front above the
laydown bottles,(ours is a Limited).  All my blocks and chocks have a spot.

We haven't camped for long periods of time yet and anticipate doing so next
year.  But weekending with this rig is no big deal.  The only long trip I've
taken with this is from OK to MA and that was with a Reese dual cam sway
control.  We have the Hensley Arrow now are we are more comfortable with it.

Visiting others in widebody 5th wheels and MHs, if I had it to do
again.....I would opt for a wide body.

Hope I've helped.
Just my opinion!

Rich