[A/S] Silver Motorhomes

What is the story behind the Airstream motorhome?  They started out
on the right foot making the motorhome to look like a trailer with a
windshield and grille.  Then they strayed from the form, emulating
the box style motorhome most other manufacturers offer.  No offence
intended toward those of you who own the new versions as I'm sure the
same standards of quality still exist.  I mainly want to examine why
they (the company)chose to blend into the crowd.  To me, Airstream's
name, shape, and choice of material/color, aluminum, are all part of
what makes airstreams special.  Is that perhaps the reason to re-
issue the traditional trailers?

Beyond that, what years were the aluminum motorhomes made?

Todd 6972