[A/S] Re: Your First Trailer Towing Experience

First, an introduction.  I'm Leslie's lesser half, Chris.  I regularly
refer to Leslie as TMS (The Mad Scientist) or SWMBO (you probably know
what that means!).
I'm going to be away on business when TMS picks up the trailer, but will
be involved in preparing the tow vehicle, since it's my daily driver,
and I am therefore a little more in tune with it's current state.  There
are pictures of the rear of it at:

http://www.thelen.org/LandRover/110-rear-001.jpg
http://www.thelen.org/LandRover/110-rear-002.jpg

I'm pretty excited about this.  Ever since our first Land Rover, I've
been struck by the appropriateness of towing an Aluminum Airstream with
an Aluminium Land Rover.  We debated for a long time over different
solutions to more comfortable camping.  We discussed Land Rover
Dormobiles (neither of us wanted to get stuck with it when it was time
to go off-road), pickups with campers (just didn't really appeal to
either of us), and converting a Land Rover 101 Forward Control gun
tractor (neighbors would probably complain).  The Airstream seemed to be
the best thing to do.  We only take a couple of trips per year where an
Airstream wouldn't work, and the light weight makes it so we don't have
to replace the Rovers to tow the thing.