Re: [A/S] Fix the leak?

Mary:
I'll second George's leak analysis.  We had rivers of water running down all the
windows, on the inside.  But only the side windows!  Last fall we pulled the
awnings off both sides and drilled the rivets on the awning strips.  Cleaned off
the old masking tape and the debris from the original installation of the
awnings, and re-riveted the awning strips with double the number of rivets (3"
spacing instead of 6").  One and 1/2 tubes of vulkem later, plus re-riveting and
resealing the stove vent cover, and we have a dry trailer.  The dirty
installation of the awning strips plus the pulling of the awning springs and the
wind had loosened and enlarged the rivet holes so that they were pumping in the
water in a rain storm...Pictures of the process were posted on egroups 10/5/00
under "72 27 Leak Repair"  Details of process are at
http://www.egroups.com/message/AirstreamList/1683

Judy White
72 27’ Int’l Ambassador
WBCCI #5040, VAC